If you or your loved one has been injured as the result of an individual’s negligent or intentional conduct you need aggressive, professional, and personal representation to make sure you get the help you need. A personal injury can change your life forever, and cause you to suffer from economic losses and pain and suffering from your injuries. The Piemonte Law Firm offers free consultations and can help you fight against the individual, corporation, or insurance company that wronged you.
The Piemonte Law Firm represents clients who have been injured in a variety of personal injury cases including:
- Automobile Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Dog Bites
- Premises Liability (Slip and Fall)
- Product Liability
Personal Injury (aka "Workers' Comp") is a benefit that is available to nearly all employees in North Carolina who suffer an injury that arose in the course of their employment. Work related injuries typically covered by Personal Injury insurance include:
- Construction accident
- Neck, back, and knee injuries
- Carpal tunnel/repetitive trauma injuries
- Hearing problems
- Work-related emotional problems
- Work-induced heart attack or stroke
- Occupational diseases such as asbestosis and dermatitis
- Disfigurement and scarring of face, neck or hands
- Asthma or other work related pulmonary conditions
- Construction injury
- Loss of use of limbs
- Eye injuries
When you are hurt while performing your duties as an employee there is a specialized area of legislation that governs from whom and how much you can recover. This differs from other types of personal injuries. Our Personal Injury attorneys are devoted to assisting our clients in working through this complicated area of law in order to receive a fair settlement from all possible sources. The issues that arise most often in these matters are:
- Whether you were an employee at the time of the injury?
- Was the injury received while you were on the job or construction site?
- Was there an injury?
- What benefits or insurance are you entitled to?
- Was the injury permanent?
- Are you entitled to a settlement?
- Should you accept a settlement?
For answers to these and any of the following frequently asked "workers' comp" questions, please contact our lawyers today.
- The insurance company wants to settle my claim. Do I need a Workers' Comp lawyer to settle with them?
- Do I have to treat with the doctor that my boss chooses for me, or can I see my own doctor?
- The company doctor says I can go back to my job, but my doctor says I'm still disabled. Do I have to go back to work?
- If I settle for a lump sum, but still need medical treatment, will my medical treatment be covered after the settlement?
- My boss said I'm not covered for Personal Injury because I didn't work for the company long enough. Is that true?
- How can I afford an attorney when my only income is my Personal Injury benefits?
- When should I hire a Personal Injury attorney?
- How long after my injury do I have to file my claim?
- How long can I receive Personal Injury benefits?
- Can I also receive Social Security disability benefits, or Long-Term Disability benefits, while I'm on Workers' Comp?